(Associate) Research Technician - Multiple vacancies
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, MA, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe rare and common diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 100 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Scientists at ProQR have invented a new way to use RNA oligonucleotides to alter RNA. The Axiomer® RNA editing technology enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cells own editing machinery. This technology has the potential to become a new class of medicine and treat currently untreatable diseases.
We are looking for candidates with hands-on experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Antisense oligonucleotide research
- Culture of primary cells and cell lines
- RNA and/or protein analysis techniques
- Cell based assays
We expect our technician:
- to have HLO/Bachelor’s degree in life science or molecular biology with up to 2 years working experience (preferably in industry)
- to be solution and result driven
- to work with focus in a dedicated team
- to design, plan and execute experiments
- to develop new methods and protocols
- to analyze experiments and prepare data reports
- to take care of laboratory organization and related administrative tasks
Competencies that are required for making the difference
- Analytical and flexible
- Proactive attitude
- Hands-on mentality
- Team player
- Autonomous and coachable
- Accuracy and quality awareness
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (and Dutch)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in bio-tech industry is a pre
- Creative thinker
- A nice person :)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster café and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.