ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Business Development department is currently looking for a Business Development Alliance Director (Full-time) to join our team. ProQR’s Business Development team has responsibility and accountability for all strategic business opportunities and transactions, e.g. partnerships, alliances, licensing agreements, mergers & acquisitions. The team also leads and supports Company strategic imperatives, assists in competitive analysis and engages in cross functional projects such as Innovations Target selection process.
The Business Development Alliance Director will lead the management and execution of all strategic alliances. In this vein, they will develop and maintain a broad and deep external partner relationship with company partners in all solutions areas and build knowledge of the partner’s propositions, business challenges and future opportunities.
The role is responsible for all updates to the partner of the latest developments of their alliance account, providing feedback to the partners where required, develop and execute attainable and strategic plans within the alliances and builds multi-level relationships within the alliances, including those in the executive level.
Location: Leiden, The Netherlands.
We expect our Business Development Alliance Director to have:
• An advanced degree (PhD/MSc/Engineer; or appropriate Master’s level) preferably in a science related degree
• At least HBO/College education level or Bachelor degree preferably in the area of life sciences or Applied Science (BACs)
• At a minimum, have a B.A./B.S. degree; a PhD/PharmD in life sciences is preferred.
• At least 5 years of working experience preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
• Experience with working with/in Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology companies, Research Institutes and
• Proven affinity with working affectively in a matrix organization at the highest level and working will strategic partners to attain each companies goals and ambitions
• Excellent knowledge of working with contracts, budgetary aspects, project management
• The ability to work with both project team members as well as senior level directors, with proactivity and independence
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
• Analytical and accurate
• Hands-on mentality
• Pro-active attitude
• Patient-oriented attitude
• Being able to work in a fast pace environment
• Strong project planning and management skills
• Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things. We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
• A competitive salary
• An annual performance bonus
• Stock options
• Unlimited vacation days
• A medical, vision and dental plan
• A 401k pension plan
• A commuting allowance
• Flexible working arrangements
• Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before the end of June 2021 if you are interested in this position.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.