Business Development and Alliance ManagerApply for Business Development and Alliance Manager . Opens in new window.
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Business Development department is looking for a Business Development and Alliance Manager
Purpose of the job:
- Supports the identification and pursuit of some or all of the following: strategic business opportunities and transactions, e.g. partnerships, alliances, licensing agreements, mergers & acquisitions
- Leads the management and execution of big strategic alliances
- Supports the identification and pursuit of relevant targets aligned with the company/ therapeutic area pipeline needs
- Helps positioning the product within the market by collecting intelligence
- Updates job knowledge by educational opportunities
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages and plans the activities of a small team that provides business support for the company at large.
- Evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
- Manage existing digital platforms/contracts, e.g. salesforce, ansarada, medtrack
BD & Alliance management
- Responsible for the management of big strategic alliances
- Establishes and maintains the relationships with potential or existing partners
- Identifies and assesses potential strategic collaborators and keeps track of ongoing discussions and action points
- Supports or leads relevant BD contract negotiations
- Initiate and maintain relationships with business/strategic partners through attendance of Business or disease-related conferences.
- Scout & assess new opportunities/ partnerships (value proposition, diligence)
- Support the best possible deals for the company for in/out-licensing and other BD transactions
- Coordinates and executes due diligence processes: collects the content and sets up dataroom(s), coordinates internally the diligence process and manages the dataroom on daily basis (may be directly in touch with externals).
- May conduct or support input for analysis from a partnership/acquisition perspective e.g. modeling sales forecast and NPV (including justifying assumptions) based on business data and market knowledge.
- May support with preparation, pre-contract data collection, verification or negotiation of simple contracts including CDA, amendments, Service Agreements, Contract Research Agreements.
- Collects and updates product information to create and update compelling business decks with strong positioning of the product –also related to the market information.
- Develops strategic direction /recommendations from market information and creates compelling market/ competitive intelligence analysis reports and presentations
- Supports the identification of new targets
We expect our new Manager to have:
- MSc degree in life sciences and business with 2-3 years of hands-on experience in Business Development.
- Strong communicative and analytical skills
- Attends national/international business meetings and has experience with representing companies at such events.
- Proactive attitude and able to deliver within given timelines
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Flexible and resistant to change
- Hands-on mentality
- Autonomous and coachable
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before April 15th if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Femke Hekelaar via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.