Director, Information Technology (IT)
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
We’re currently looking for a Director, Information Technology (IT) to join our team.
Location: Leiden, NL
This role is responsible for all IT matters, including the development of an IT strategy designed to meet the rapidly changing needs of the business.
You will understand the day-to-day needs of the business, keep our data appropriately stored and safe, and ensure IT contributes to a positive employee experience including on-boarding, in person and virtual meetings, support the requirements of functions throughout the company, facilitate appropriate training (e.g. cyber security, software) and employee exit.
You will manage the IT function with clear and customized communication towards our different groups and departments and will form effective trusting partnerships with external IT suppliers.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will be a member of the Global Operations Leadership Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary point of contact and accountable for all IT matters and responsible for all IT operational and IT needs
- Development and execution of both a 3-to-5 year IT strategy and an IT annual plan which meet the rapidly changing needs of the business
- Budget annually for IT and execute within approved budget
- Plan and manage infrastructure implementation and change
- Lead complex IT projects from project scoping, initiation, and tracking to on-time, on-budget implementation
- Prepare briefings and information for external consultants or advisors to support the delivery of key projects and/or ad hoc services. Monitor and evaluate outcomes and recommend remedial actions where necessary
- Translate functional or technical specifications of a project into a documented scope that management/customer can understand and be aligned with
- Build coalitions among the various stakeholders and negotiate with authority to move forward
- Efficiently identify and resolve IT related issues
- Communicate with internal and external parties and manage partner relationships
- Develop and propose personal and IT department performance objectives; take appropriate actions to ensure achievement of agreed objectives, using the organization's performance management systems to improve personal performance
- Develop, design, and maintain IT processes
- Establish and maintain a SOX compliant IT environment
- Other duties as assigned
- A highly motivated, customer focused, accountable team player with excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, written, and oral communication skills, who is able of building complex relationships at all levels of the organisation. These skills make you a trusted advisor for our Management Team
- Demonstrated strength in planning and implementation of complex projects including resource planning and tracking and managing issues and risks with a sense of urgency
- A strategic, out-of-the-box thinker who is solution and results driven
- Excellent people and project management skills and proven experience with managing and implementing IT projects on time and on budget
- BSc degree or equivalent and at least 1-3 years of experience as an IT Director/Manager
- 5-10 years prior (technical) IT experience (e.g. IT Engineer)
- Excellent command of spoken and written of Dutch and/or English
- Able to work under pressure
- Patient-oriented attitude
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, hipster cafe and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.