Director Statistics (Full-time)
- Leiden, NL or Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Research & Development department is currently looking for a Director Statistics (Full-time) to join our team. In this Director-level position you will be reporting to the Vice-President, Clinical Development.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-funded Biotech company that has attracted a world-class management team where you will be responsible for directing all aspects of the design of clinical studies, helping with implementation of clinical trials, and preparation of reports relating to clinical trial outcomes.
In this statistical leadership role, you will:
- Provide statistical leadership in the design, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of studies, across multiple programs.
- Provide input into clinical development plans and regulatory strategies, for interactions with FDA and EMA.
- Work with external programming team to implement statistical analysis plans.
- Oversee any Statistical vendors and consultants and build and maintain effective strategic working relationships.
- Identify opportunities for the application of modelling and simulation to improve study design.
- Identify and apply novel statistical methodologies to complex problems.
- Perform ad hoc and exploratory data analyses.
- Contribute to the development of best practice to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
Location: Leiden, NL or Cambridge, Massachusetts, US.
We expect our Statistician to have:
- An advanced degree (PhD) in statistics or biostatistics
- At least 5 years of working experience preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with working with regulatory agencies
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Hands-on mentality
- Being able to work in a fast pace environment
- Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before the end of July 2021 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Yessica de Brouwer via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.