Executive assistant to the CEO (Full-time)
Executive assistant to the CEO
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 130+ enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
We are looking for a full-time Executive assistant to the CEO:
We are looking for a reliable, experienced, and task-oriented Executive Assistant with a proven track record. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. This role is a gatekeeper to our CEO and a reflection of him both internally and externally. Additionally, you will be the first point of contact for everything that goes through the CEO's office.
In your role you complete a broad variety of professional and personal operational tasks for the CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; arranges travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
You will work together with other 2 executive assistants of our Management Team (1 in the UK and 1 in the US).
Location: Leiden, NL
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides gatekeeper and gateway role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities (both personal and professional), following up appropriately.
- Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting personal correspondence, emails, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
Management Team support
- Support the 2-3 Management Team members located in the Netherlands
- Help streamline the Management Team's schedules.
- Draft, review and send communications on behalf of Management Team members
- Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics of meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Maintain various records and documents for Management Team members
Organization & administration
- Interacts professionally with executive assistants of other high-level executives in other organizations.
- Arrange and manage internal and external meetings and events, including with vendors, investors, expert physicians, consultants, and patient advocacy organizations
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information
- Manage complex calendars across different time zones, meeting arrangements, travel, registrations, and expense reimbursement
- Manage mail, invoices, phone, e-mail, opening purchase orders, execution of confidentiality agreements and consulting agreements.
- Acting as a liaison with the Board of Directors and investors.
- Work with external partners to schedule Board of Directors meetings, Remuneration Committee, Scientific Advisory Board meetings, Audit Committee meetings and investor meetings
- Prep for Board of Directors meetings and the various committees- once agenda is agreed upon, liaise with legal to prepare consent(s).
- Create a Board of Directors book for distribution prior to meeting
- Ensure smooth travel and other logistics for all Board and other Committee members for the respective meetings.
We expect our Executive assistant to the CEO to have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Healthcare, Biotech or Digital Health experience is a plus
- Ability to inspire trust and loyalty given the amount of exposure to confidential information.
- Extremely organized, capable, reliable, and collaborative individual who will learn to anticipate the executive support required
- Confidence in ability to act as a Gatekeeper on behalf of the CEO - proven ability to deter others who want direct access to CEO but perhaps topic should be resolved by someone else.
- Ability to assess the importance of e-mails, help when priorities shift
- Ability to pivot and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Fosters a strong team culture
- Excellent platform presentation skills, interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Go-getter and results-driven attitude - a self-starter with a lot of fire and grit.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), with an ability to become familiar with company-specific programs and software.
- Friendly and professional demeanor
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.