Global Project LeadApply for Global Project Lead . Opens in new window.
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Clinical department is currently looking for a Global Project Lead (Full-time) to join our team, and lead the efforts for the QR-421 program in Usher’s syndrome, which is about to start Phase 2/3 activities.
- Lead the development and execution of project strategies of development programs intended for regulatory approvals of new products
- Lead multi-stakeholder project teams to develop integrated cross-functional project implementation plan based on the governance committee approved development strategy; responsible for providing input for additional activities outside of primary scope of work (e.g. strategy development, clinical program assumptions, regulatory strategies)
- Accountable for timely, cost effective and high quality execution of approved strategies including project budget and timelines
- Provide a continuously updated and balanced appraisal of the project status, including risk, cost, and value to stakeholders
- Foster strong collaboration with project managers and functions to assure all aspects of the plans are conducted efficiently and effectively
- Responsible for alignment of functional execution plans with approved project plans
- Primary interface with project governance bodies and responsible for implementing decisions
- Ensure alignment between the project strategy and tactical execution
- Assure coherence between the global project plan (timeline, resource allocation, Target Product Profile) and corporate objectives.
- Ensure team focus and accountability to achieve goals
- Monitor project progress, costs, resource allocations, time-lines and develop corrective actions if deviations occur
- Ensure that all team members understand project goals and objectives, current project plan and schedule, critical path activities and activities that may become critical path activities
- Work closely with all team members to assure close follow-up on execution and proactive evaluation and resolution of potential risks and challenges
- Make project decisions within the scope of project approved by the Management Team
- Partner with all relevant departments and functions to assure delivery of project goals and escalate issues if necessary.
- Monitor and ensure effective communication between team members, functional teams, and geographies
Location: Leiden, NL or Cambridge, Massachusetts, US.
Reporting to: Chief Medical Officer, or designee
We expect our Global Project Lead to have:
- A Bachelors degree (BSc, BA level) in a scientific discipline
- An advanced degree preferable (eg PhD/PharmD/MSc or similar level) in a scientific discipline
- At least 8 years of working experience preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with ophthalmology; orphan/rare disease; genetic disease and/or oligonucleotides is preferred.
- Strategic-minded with broad perspective on moving a potential therapy from mid/late stage development through to commercialization
- Effective communication skills (spoken and written) in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of FDA/EMA requirements, good clinical practice and pharmaceutical clinical development
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and able to work alongside and manage cross-functional Teams
- Embraces energetic, start-up culture of a fast moving, innovative company
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Yessica de Brouwer via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.