Head of Supply Chain (Full-time)
- Leiden, The Netherlands
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our CMC department is currently looking for a Head of Supply Chain (Full-time) to join our team.
ProQR is preparing to commercialize its lead compound for the treatment of an ultra rare inherited retinal disease and as a result needs to build a fit for purpose supply chain organization for both clinical and commercial products. The role is accountable to develop and manage an outsourced Supply Chain that can support the future growth of a rare/ ultra rare disease organization from a process, systems and resource perspective.
Location: Leiden, NL
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead, manage and develop a global Supply Chain Strategy to support a portfolio of rare and ultra rare diseases.
- Direct and oversee demand and supply planning including inventory management, for both clinical and commercial supply,
- Ensure that all demand planning requirements are integrated into plans to prevent supply delays in close collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee and ensure implementation of chosen strategies, metrics and tools, by close interaction and supervision of supply management execution, ensuring compliance with Good Distribution Practices and local country requirements
- Work with supply network to resolve supply conflicts. Drive mitigation of significant quality, compliance, supply, and safety risks.
- Identify potential supply chain issues, implement proactive solutions and escalate as appropriate to senior management.
- Ensure compliance and knowledge of legislation. Partners with Quality to distribute products according to current Good Distribution Practices (cGDP) and other applicable regulations.
- Lead identification and implementation of an appropriate ERP system
- Identify and track KPIs, and implement continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in completing operations activities to meet the rapidly evolving needs of the business.
- Responsible for managing budget and driving continuous improvement projects.
- Occasional international travel, <10% in the Netherlands and at US locations.
We expect our Head of supply chain to have:
- Degree or MSc in a Scientific or Engineering discipline, ideally with a post graduate qualification in business, supply chain logistics or project management
- 10+ years Pharmaceutical Supply Chain management experience in leadership positions
- In depth knowledge of cGDP, Falsified Medicines Directive and specific Eu country requirements
- Working knowledge of both clinical and commercial supply requirements,
- ideally with a focus on implementing a commercial supply chain for rare disease products
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Proficient in Business Planning and project management
- Experienced global matrix Team Leader with budget responsibility
- Strategic partnership development and relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Proactive and pragmatic approach
- General business knowledge (e.g., industry, finance, applicable laws, tax, insurances)
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement tools
- Working knowledge of supply chain management systems (including demonstrated capability of ERP) ,
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before July 2nd 2021 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Yessica de Brouwer via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.