ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 120 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer® could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
We’re currently looking for an Administrative Assistant (full-time) to join us in our headquarters in Leiden (NL). This broad role includes both higher Management Support as well as hands-on work to support our daily office operations. You will work together with the Executive Assistant to the CEO and report to the Chief of Staff.
- Agenda/calendar management
- Business travel: arranging travel and accommodation for meetings and conferences around the globe
- Scheduling and preparing meetings and ad-hoc events with third parties (e.g. vendors, partners, authorities), on-site and off-site
- Administrative tasks (expense reports, preparing documents, filing, copying, conference registration, visa applications, etc)
- Welcoming visitors
- Ad-hoc requests
We welcome your initiative, and we are looking for a service-minded individual who fits the team and has an inner drive to make the environment we work in the best possible. We expect flexibility, proactivity, and a hands-on mentality. You are a person that can motivate and manage yourself, yet you enjoy working in a team environment. You can easily make contact on all levels between management, scientists, and external suppliers.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in a secretarial or assistance role for an international company
- Accurate and quality minded
- Flexible and versatile
- Experience with MS Office & strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, Dutch is an advantage
- Office-based 5 days per week.
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster Café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by completing our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.