Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Director
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 120 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer® could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our Finance department is currently looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Director (Full-time) to join our team, located in Leiden (NL).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial analysis support for company’s strategic/long-range planning initiatives
- Conduct Scenario Analyses to assess different outcomes and implications
- Prepare market models for internal company programs and projects
- Assist in preparation of presentations for executive management and board of directors
Budgeting & Forecasting:
- Provide financial and operational support for planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities of assigned project teams or departments. Ensure active engagement of participants within appropriate timelines and adherence to budget guidance and targets
- Assist in overall support of budget planning system. Support processes, structure, reporting and security of system, develop ad hoc reports, reconcile discrepancies between budgeting and accounting systems, and partner with IT to monitor system performance/potential issues
- Prepare long-range plans – 3 year and 5 years with broad set of assumptions and input from business partners
- Plan and manage the budget process, and focus on continuous improvement of process and tools
- Challenge budget submission and assist in alignment budget to strategy
- Create the monthly management reporting and provide analyses on fluctuation on actuals vs budget and prior years
- Discuss and present the developments and findings with budget responsible persons and management team; provide suggestions for improvement
- Provide insight and act as business partner
Capital Markets support:
- Assess strategic alternatives for companies financial planning needs
- Support transaction related activities, including conducting analyses, creating presentations
Finance Special Projects:
- Perform financial analysis and market research to evaluate potential strategic opportunities
- Provide financial modeling and analytical support for business development team in evaluation of licensing deals and other potential business development transactions
- Take care of the financial aspects of innovation credit or grant request.
- Perform special projects as needed
- MSc degree in Finance/ Economics / Business administration or similar studies. Register Controller or similar executive master would be a plus.
- 7+ years of finance experience
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in creating budgets, strategic scenarios and other FP&A related activities at a biotech/pharma company
- Experience with executing capital markets’ transactions, M&A and licensing transactions and other strategic transactions is a strong plus
- Strong experience in creating valuation models, assessing financial impact of transactions as well as related sensitivity analyses required
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different stakeholders
- Experience with process improvements and lean six sigma is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Independent critical mind, thorough in examination and analysis with good attention to detail
- Results oriented personality, getting things done and overcome obstacles, team player
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster Café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by completing our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.