Manager Accounting & Finance Operations
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 120 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer® could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our Finance department is currently looking for a Manager Accounting & Finance Operations (full-time) who is talented and highly motivated and who can strengthen our team.
Location: Leiden (NL).
We expect the following from our Manager Accounting & Finance Operations:
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate closing activities together with the accounting team
- Execute and document evidence of the periodic (Sox) controls during closing periods
- Work closely with our Director Internal control for continuous improvement in closing and operational processes and Sox requirements
- Prepare financial data for 20F and annual report, including XBRL reporting
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
- Coordinate annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
Technical accounting matters:
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance
- Provide IFRS interpretation and prepare technical memoranda (e.g. position papers) that document issues or new developments in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Ensure and monitor tax compliance on VAT, Wage tax (Dutch, UK and US) related matters, income tax
- Coordinate tax matters with our tax advisors
- Participate in other projects as required
- Work on ad hoc requests from management
Competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Experienced and dedicated finance professional with at least 5 years of experience in Financial Controlling or one of the Big 4 Accounting firms
- Preferably work experience within Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or in the final stages of completing the CPA (or Dutch: RA) certification
- An excellent knowledge of IFRS, and preferably also of SEC rules, combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Ability to oversee day-to-day operations of the accounting team
- Influencing, leading, and delegating abilities
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Planning and organizing – Organizational abilities
- Result oriented: Ability to achieve the target within given time
- Excellence Communication skills
- Adaptability – Efficient under pressure, always meet deadlines
- A fun person
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster Café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by completing our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.