Payroll Specialist (Maternity leave cover)
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 120 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer® could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our HR team is currently looking for a temporary Payroll Specialist (32 hrs/week; maternity leave cover 1 February 2023 – 1 July 2023) to join our team. In this role you are the go-to person for all (international) payroll, benefits and administrative matters (HR and HR-financial related). We are looking for someone who likes the responsibility and variation of this role.
Location: Leiden (NL).
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Execute monthly (international) payroll (provide input data, proceed, control)
- Administration of (international) employee benefits
- Perform various administrative duties with respect to (social) insurance, health and safety within legislative requirements
- Perform basic HR administration tasks and Payroll while working closely together with our external HR service providers
- Effective administration of employee documentation throughout their employment at ProQR
- Contract and correspondence management
- Support /back-up of the HR administration: be the first point of contact for HR related questions
- Timely respond to any incoming requests of (future) team members to create a positive employee experience
- Being a team player and collaborate with different stakeholders: HR, Finance and Recruitment.
What do we think you need?
- MBO+/ HBO level, preferably in HR
- You have at least 3-years of work experience in a similar role
- You are familiar with working in a high demanding organization
- You have high standards and strive for perfection, but you also know how to be pragmatic in order to respect the deadlines and budget
- You’re hands-on, you enjoy the combination of setting up a structured approach as well as getting things done yourself. Above all you are solution oriented.
- Work pro-actively, accurately, and independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team.
- Effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills (in both English and Dutch)
- Knowledge or worked with ADP Payroll/Admin software
- Experience with Employee Stock options & Restricted Stock Units.
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days (yearly)
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster Café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by completing our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.