R&D Team Manager
- Science & Innovation
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 130 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our Axiomer Unit is currently looking for a R&D Team Manager (Full-time) to join our team.
As a ProQR R&D Manager you will be key in leading a team (10-15 HC) of highly talented scientists and researchers in a matrix organization. You are a seasoned people leader with significant experience leading R&D teams and have extensive experience developing people. In your role you will shape, support, develop and optimize the team strategy, processes and structure. Contribute to translation of the corporate goals into team’s strategic and actionable plans. Work internally with other team’s directors/project leads and with external colleagues facilitating coordination across multiple groups.
As part of the Axiomer Unit, you will report to the VP Scientific Operations and will work closely with the Axiomer Leadership Team, Program Directors and fellow R&D Managers. In your role you will be responsible for talent recruitment, development, allocation, implementing and maintaining best practices, safety & health, team budget. Good project and organization skills are a must.
- MSc or PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years’ experience in the field of Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or Medical sciences
- At least 5 years’ experience in leading an R&D team is a must
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and leadership
- Proven ability to effectively interact with technical, scientific staff, and research management.
- The ability to work in a dynamic organization
- Experience in or affinity with the field of genetic diseases
Location: Leiden, NL.
Skills and competencies that are required for making a difference:
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- Flexible and receptive to change
- Team player
- Critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Excellent communication skills (English)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Employee events (boot camp, Rebel café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via email@example.com if you have any questions.