ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 120 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer® could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) Department is currently looking for a Planner (Full-time) with a passion for proactive management of operational activities, process improvement initiatives to join our team in Leiden. The CMC department has a central role within the ProQR Therapeutics organization and is responsible for the development, manufacture, and characterization of oligonucleotides and therapeutic formulations for research, clinical development and commercialization.
The planner will support the in-house laboratory activities within the Axiomer unit, providing coordination of the manufacturing orders and shipment of products and samples.
The successful candidate is an enthusiastic and organized team player and will work closely with other researchers/scientists in an interdisciplinary team environment to progress activities related to the production of oligonucleotides which includes:
- Implementation of a fit-for-purpose ordering and tracking process for internal manufacturing activities and monitoring performance via agreed KPIs
- In collaboration with all stakeholders keep the ordering and tracking system up to date
- Communicate order status to internal customers and follow up as required
- Identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
- Ensure order process and associated documentation are in use, periodically reviewed, filed routinely and ultimately archived as per an appropriate Standard Operating Procedure.
- Inventory management
- Arrange shipping of materials and samples ensuring cross-border requirements are met and Good Distribution Practice is followed as appropriate
- Ordering materials as required to support CMC lab activities and managing invoicing to ensure appropriate coding and traceability to defined budgets and projects.
- HBO or a BSc with 3-5 years of relevant experience or MSc degree with 1-3 years of experience
- Experience with MS office Tools (such as MS Excel or MS Access) and planning tools
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practice
- Organized with strong communication skills
- Proactive and pragmatic approach
- Team player
- Proactive and pragmatic approach
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication
- General understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing and testing principles
- Experience with dashboard design
- Strong affinity to IT
- Should enjoy challenging situations and have the flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment where there is the freedom to act.
- Good planning skills
- Customer-service-oriented mentality
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster café and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that screening is part of our selection procedure.