Research Technician (multiple positions!)
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 130 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
We are looking for candidates with extensive hands-on experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Antisense oligonucleotide research
- Culture of primary cells and cell lines
- Cell-based assays
- RNA analysis techniques
- Protein detection techniques
We expect our technicians:
- To have a Bachelor’s degree in life science or molecular biology with 2-4 years of working experience
- To be solution and result driven
- To work with focus in a dedicated team
- To design, plan and execute experiments
- To develop new methods and protocols
- To analyze experiments and prepare data reports
- To take care of laboratory organization and related administrative tasks
Competencies that are required for making a difference:
- Analytical and flexible
- Proactive attitude
- Team player
- Autonomous and coachable
- Accuracy and quality awareness
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and/or English both in word and writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in bio-tech industry is a pre
- Creative thinker
- A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster Café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by completing our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that screening is part of our selection procedure.