(Senior) Research Technician Histology
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 130 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
ProQR is currently recruiting a (Senior) Research technician (full-time) with histology expertise to join the Preclinical team within the Axiomer unit. The Preclinical team is responsible for vitro safety screening and for all animal studies, including pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic, and toxicity evaluation and bioanalysis.
Location: Leiden, NL.
The research technician will support the histology activities related to the preclinical projects, including the processing, staining, and imaging of animal tissues using conventional and/or fluorescent microscopy. The candidate will also contribute to the evaluation and reporting of microscopy data. Additional tasks will involve the support of necropsy (rodents), development of new or improved methods, troubleshooting, laboratory organization, and associated administrative tasks.
We are looking for a candidate with extensive hands-on experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Basic histological techniques including tissue processing, sectioning, and staining.
- Basic histopathological assessment of key organs (liver, kidney, brain).
- Conventional, fluorescence, and confocal microscopy and image analysis.
- Advanced staining techniques including FISH and IHC.
- Necropsy procedures (rodents), sample collection, processing, and storage.
We expect our Research Technician to:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree (Dutch: HLO) in Biology, Biomedical Sciences or a related field with recent 2+ years of hands-on experience in histology.
- Be solution and result driven.
- Work with focus in a dedicated team.
- Design, plan and execute experiments.
- Develop new or improved methods and protocols.
- Analyze experiments and prepare data reports and presentations.
- Take care of laboratory organization, equipment and related administrative tasks.
Competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Analytical mindset.
- Proactive attitude.
- Autonomous and coachable team player.
- Accuracy and quality awareness.
- Excellent communication skills (English).
- Flexibility to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects at the same time.
- Creative thinker.
- A nice person :)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form. You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that screening is part of our selection procedure.