IT Junior Business Analyst
- HR, Facilities & IT
ProQR Therapeutics is a company on a mission to change lives and transform the world of medicine. We are driven by a passion for discovering and developing cutting-edge RNA therapies that have the potential to address the unmet needs of individuals and families affected by both common and rare diseases.
At ProQR, we are not content with simply treating the symptoms of disease. Our goal is to provide life-changing therapies that address the root cause of illnesses, giving patients and their families new hope for the future. With the power of our innovative proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology, we believe that we can potentially create a new class of medicines that could make untreatable diseases treatable.
So join us on this exciting journey towards a brighter, healthier future. With the passion, dedication, and expertise of our team, we are confident that we can make a real difference in the lives of the communities we serve.
ProQR is currently looking for an IT Junior Business Analyst (full time) to join our IT department who will report to the Director Information Technology.
Location: Leiden, NL (on-site)
The IT Business analyst has a diverse range of responsibilities, from strategic project management to hands-on technical work. This includes executing a long-term IT strategy aligned with business objectives, managing IT operations and applications, and ensuring optimal functioning of systems like the M365 suite and 4ME. The role also involves coordinating with internal stakeholders and external sourcing partners, overseeing incident and process management.
The role demands strong project management abilities, strategic thinking, and proficiency in Dutch and English, with tasks involving both high-level coordination and direct technical involvement.
You will be part of a 3-person team, reporting to the Director Information Technology, based in Leiden.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- IT Strategy & Management: Implement and oversee a 3-to-5-year IT strategy that aligns with business goals. Manage IT operations, including software/hardware implementations, changes, and incident handling.
- Application & Project Management: Ensure availability and performance of IT applications, notably M365 and 4ME. Support IT projects from scoping to successful implementation, ensuring alignment with business needs.
- Coordination & Vendor Management: Serve as the primary contact for on-site support engineers, service desk managers, and vendors. Manage relationships and communications with internal and external parties.
- Incident & Process Management: Lead incident response across IT infrastructure. Develop, review, and maintain IT and business processes.
- License & Information Security Management: Handle licensing for applications and software, and oversee information security, collaborating with ISO and DPO during incidents.
- Hardware & Videoconferencing: Manage procurement and lifecycle of IT hardware and ensure reliable videoconferencing facilities.
- Ad Hoc Duties: Tackle urgent IT issues and provide management with insights and support in emergencies.
- We are seeking a highly motivated and customer-focused team player who takes accountability for their work.
- You possess excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, written, and oral communication skills and are skilled at building relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proven expertise in the planning and execution of projects, including resource allocation, progress tracking, and efficient management of challenges and risks.
- You have an innovative and solution-focused mindset, always striving for results.
- You hold a BSc degree or MSc degree or equivalent with IT/technical affinity and have 1-3 years of experience in IT.
- Fluent in both Dutch and English, with excellent proficiency in both written and spoken forms of these languages.
- Ability to maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure.
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Rebel Café, and other social events)
If you're ready to take on new challenges and contribute to the biotech industry's growth, we want you on our team and we’re looking forward to receiving your application by completing our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.