Scientist Analytical CMC
- Science & Innovation
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 150 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cells own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control department is currently looking for a Scientist Analytical (Full-time) to join our team.
The CMC department has a central role within the ProQR Therapeutics organization and is responsible for developing, manufacturing, and characterizing oligonucleotides and therapeutic formulations for research, clinical development, and commercialization.
The scientist will support the in-house activities of the Analytical team, which is part of the CMC department.
The successful candidate is enthusiastic about bench work and will work closely with other analysts/scientists in an interdisciplinary team environment to progress activities related to the production, formulation, and analysis of oligonucleotides which includes:
- Analytical method development and validation
- Analytical method troubleshooting
- Formulation development
- Writing of technical protocols and reports
- planning of activities and delivery to meet project milestones
- Preparation, or revision, of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
- General lab activities such as equipment maintenance and inventory management
- Training and supervision of the team/projects
- Designing, leading, and executing scientific studies
Location: Leiden, NL
We expect our Scientists to have:
- PhD with 0-3 years of experience or Master’s degree with at least 7 years of experience
- Experience with analytical techniques such as UPLC or HPLC, mass spectrometry, DLS, absorbance or fluorescence-based assays, compendial methods.
- Experience working with lipid-based formulations
- Strong laboratory skills and a high degree of attention to detail
- Experience with statistics
Skills and competencies that are required to make the difference:
- Analytical and accurate
- Creative thinker
- Hands-on mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- Team player
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Rebel Café and other social events)
Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals? Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? Do you want to work in a challenging environment where your work can really make a difference? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via email@example.com
if you have any questions.