- Management & MT Support
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet needs of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 150 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cells own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our PMO department is currently looking for a Project Manager (Full-time) to join our team in Leiden. We are looking for candidates with a passion for advancing healthcare and pharmaceutical development. Ideal candidates should exhibit enthusiasm for working in a dynamic preclinical stage environment, where their skills in project management can directly contribute to the development of innovative therapies. Candidates should be motivated by challenges in project coordination and risk management. We value professionals who are eager to collaborate with diverse teams and who can effectively communicate complex ideas, fostering a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement for our PMO department.
Location: Leiden, NL (on-site).
The Project Manager is responsible for the creation of aligned, integrated operational plans designed in line with the corporate strategy to deliver the products' strategic objectives and facilitating the management of cross-functional activities of a project team to the next decision points within scope, time and budget
- Creation of aligned, integrated operational plans (small/medium projects, workstreams and initiatives) designed in line with the corporate strategy based on input from subject matter experts and specific leads;
- Creation of deliverable / KPI trackers for status reporting to Senior Management;
- Creation of project risk tracker with mitigation plans for pre-clinical and development projects;
- Leads preparation of short- & long-term plans ensuring alignment with Corporate strategy & deliverables. Lead translation to operational / project plans;
- Defining the critical path and go/no go decision points;
- Guiding cross-functional activities of a (global) project team to the next decision points within scope, time, and budget in a highly dynamic and complex environment by keeping project teams updated on the project status and focused on key objectives;
- Providing updates to Senior Management on overarching deliverables status and flagging risks, opportunities, and foreseen budget changes;
- Assure project operational strategy is in alignment with corporate deliverables;
- Facilitating Project Teams by providing a (potential) impact on flagged changes, risks and opportunities;
- Organizing and facilitating Project Team and program meetings;
- Creation of meeting tools and templates;
- Keeping track of project budget status & preparing financial monitoring reports;
- Coordination of budget rounds for R&D project teams and acting as key contact person for finance;
Required qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree: advanced scientific degree (e.g MS, PharmD, Ph.D.) or a combination of equivalent experience and training in the area of Life Sciences or Applied Science (BAC).
- Minimal 5 years of work experience in pharma/biotech project management with demonstrated knowledge of project management skills & tools (e.g. MS Project).
- Good knowledge of drug development processes and regulations (GxP’s).
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage the scope, time and costs of assigned projects.
- Capability of applying strategic thinking and an innovative mindset to solve issues.
- Expert planning and tracking skills, able to see big picture, well organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, capable of managing projects at all levels of pre-clinical and development stage with minimal supervision, excellent time management with respect to priorities and self-management.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently; self-motivated and achievement-driven.
- Understands basic financial aspects, including knowledge of resource planning (headcount and budget) and management.
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships at all organizational levels and influence, negotiate and drive organizational engagement.
- Distinctive communication (oral, written and presentation), analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Capable of formulating complex issues clearly and unambiguously in a structured way at all levels.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Rebel Café, and other social events)
Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals? Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? Do you want to work in a challenging environment where your work can really make a difference? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.