Team Manager (R&D Biotech)
- Science & Innovation
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game-changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our R&D Department is currently looking for an R&D Team Manager (Full-time) to join our team.
Scientists at ProQR have invented a new way to use RNA oligonucleotides to alter RNA. The Axiomer® RNA editing technology enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cells' own editing machinery. ProQR is fully committed to developing Axiomer® towards a new class of medicine and treating currently untreatable diseases.
As a ProQR R&D Team Manager, your key responsibility will be to manage a team (10-15 HC) of highly talented scientists and researchers in a matrix organization without direct involvement in the design and execution of experiments. You are a motivated people leader with significant experience leading R&D teams and have extensive experience developing people. In your role you will shape, support, develop and optimize the team's strategy, processes and structure. Contribute to the translation of corporate goals into team’s strategic and actionable plans. Work internally with the Science leads who are responsible for managing the ongoing science-based projects and with external colleagues facilitating coordination across multiple groups.
As part of the R&D department, you will report to the VP Scientific Operations and will work closely with the R&D Leadership Team, Program Directors and fellow R&D Managers. In your role you will be responsible for talent recruitment, development, allocation, implementing and maintaining best practices, safety & health, and team budget. Good project and organization skills are a must.
- MSc or PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 10+ years of experience in the field of Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or Medical sciences
- At least 5 years experience in leading an R&D team is a must
- At least 10 years of working experience within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry
- 5 years of managerial experience required
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and leadership
- Proven ability to effectively interact with technical, scientific staff and research management.
- The ability to work in a dynamic organization
- Experience in or affinity with the field of genetic diseases
Location: Leiden, NL (on-site).
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- Pro-active attitude
- Flexible and resistant to change
- Team player
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project planning and management skills
- Excellent communication skills (English)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, Rebel café and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.