Medical Writer, Manager (Full-time)
- Leiden or Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Regulatory Affairs department is currently looking for a Medical Writer, Manager (Full-time) to join our team.
Location: Leiden, NL or Cambridge, Massachusetts, US
- The purpose of the job of the Manager Medical Writing is to prepare, write, and review scientific and regulatory documentation needed in support of research and development activities, including clinical trials and corresponding submissions to regulatory authorities and other writing and publication activities within the company.
- The Manager Medical Writer assists the Director Medical Writing during the strategic development for document authoring, ensuring high-quality, scientifically accurate documents, ensures consistency between related documents, and improves overall document quality.
- To accomplish this, the Manager Medical Writer liaises primarily with the Director Medical Writing, and in collaboration with internal and external stake holders. When appropriate,
- the Manager Medical Writer will coordinate and support other writing and publication activities within the company.
We expect our Manager Medical Writer to have:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a scientific discipline (B.A., B.Sc.), but a graduate degree (M.Sc., Ph.D., MD, MPH or Pharm.D.) is preferable.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant industry experience as a Medical or scientific Writer
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant academic/industry experience in scientific writing (eg, grants, manuscripts, reviews, book chapters, etc.)
- Experience in authoring scientific documents such as clinical summaries, NDA/MAA integrated summaries is highly desired
- Ability to thinking critically when structuring documents so that they present complex information in a logical manner
- and regulatory requirements
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Word, EndNote, and Adobe Acrobat
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, consistency, grammar, syntax, and scientific accuracy
- The ability to work in team structure, as well as independently
- The ability to comply with company and/or industry style guides and templates
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work within condensed timelines
- A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Yessica de Brouwer via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.