Senior HR Advisor
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our HR department is currently looking for a Senior HR Advisor (Full-time, or at least 36 hours) to join our team.
As our new HR Advisor you are part of our Human Resources team. The current HR team includes a VP HR, 2 HR Advisors, 1 HR Assistant and a Recruitment Coordinator. It is a driven, social and fun department where we put our employees always at first.
About this role:
The Senior HR Advisor is responsible for managing different HR programs and policies and every aspect of employee development and relations, with a focus on our US office (13 people). Besides that, our advisors are divided per MT member so you will also be the go-to person for about 40 people in our Leiden office.
As our HR organization will professionalize more and more, there will be a lot of projects in this position to run. You are a key person in the human resources function of our organization (NL/US) and the HR organization. With your experience you will guide and help your other team members, without it being a manager role. In addition to supporting growth, you will advise, support and implement tactical/strategic HR policies that support the business goals and drive strong employee engagement. With your HR experience in an international environment and “I got this”- mentality, you will be able to successfully implement these changes within the organization. Important HR themes you will work on, are: US change management, US benefits, leadership development, HR information system, performance cycle, employee happiness and engagement, SOX compliance, compensation and benefits benchmark and the ‘blue projects’ in general.
Location: Leiden, NL
We expect our HR Advisor to:
- have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in human resources management, such as ‘HBO Personeel en Arbeid’, Labour Law, Business Management or equivalent
- have a minimum of 6 years of demonstrable knowledge and experience in complex HR business issues within an international environment
- have experience with project- based working
- have experience in an organization with an US office (highly desired)
- have in depth knowledge of Dutch HR and US related legislation
- have excellent writing and communication skills in both English and Dutch
- have a friendly, positive, self-confident, pro-active, results-oriented and assertive attitude
- always strive to achieve timescales and deadlines in order to overcome problems
- be a strong communicator, team player and autonomous
- be able to tell the difference between major and minor issues
- enjoy challenging situations and have the flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Be a nice and humorous person : )
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary- Director level
- 30 vacation days
- A premium-free pension plan
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before 23 March 2020 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.