(Senior) Researcher RNA editing
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Innovation department has currently multiple job openings for (Senior) Researchers in RNA editing (full-time).
Growing interest in the application and development of our proprietary AxiomerTM platform has allows us to expand our teams involved. The versatile AxiomerTM platform harnesses the power of recruiting endogenously expressed ADAR enzymes to make precise adenine-to-inosine (AàI) mutations in RNA, through the use of specifically designed synthetic guide RNAs. The ability to change a single nucleotide in RNA has enormous potential as research tool and therapeutic use in a wide range of disease areas.
As a member of one of our AxiomerTM teams, you will assist in Axiomer development, both of the platform itself and its therapeutic applications, with the evaluation of new guide RNAs for activity in different environments (e.g. cell-free enzymatic assays, 2D and 3D cell cultures of different types) to obtain new insights. Techniques employed include cell culturing and treatment to pyrosequencing and PCR analysis.
Location: Leiden, NL
We are looking for somebody who can independently quickly move from planning to experimentation, and report promptly and accurately.
We expect our (Senior) Researcher to have:
- at least HBO education level or B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related field with 4+ years of industry experience or M.S. in related field with 2+ years of industry experience
- Enjoy working in lab, have a proven track-record of meticulous and precise day-to-day lab work, even with large numbers of samples
- Extensive experience in cell culture techniques required, compound screen in cell assays, immunochemistry, confocal microscopy
- Experience with RNA handling and analysis, dPCR/ddPCR/qPCR
- Experience with protein research, enzymatic assay is advantageous
- Experience working with primary cells, organoids/diverse tissues is advantageous
- Interest in biochemistry, bioinformatics and structural biology is advantageous
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Analytical and accurate with good trouble shooting skills
- Flexible to change
- Being able to work in a fast pace environment
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- the ability to communicate in spoken and written English and Dutch
- A nice person
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before end of October 2021 if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Yessica de Brouwer via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.