(Senior) Researcher (Technician) / Coordinator Biorepository Management
- Leiden, NL
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Location: Leiden, NL
We are looking for a (Senior) Researcher (Technician) / Coordinator (Full-time) to join the Tipping Point Human Algorithms team which supports the design of early-clinical trials and develop new strategies and tools for diagnostic and outcome measures. Furthermore, we are responsible for the Biorepository where we collect biological material from patients involved in ProQR clinical trials to be used for the establishment of in-vitro disease models to support the drug development.
In the position of (Senior) Researcher (Technician) / Coordinator Biorepository Management you will play a vital role in the organization and management of Biorepository starting from sample shipment via processing, storage, documentation and quality testing. By communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders you assure the smooth process. Next to Biorepository management, you will be also involved in the development of different types of assays involving materials originated from biorepository.
- Function as a clinical sample handler and ensure the proper receipt and processing of human biological samples (cell isolation and cell line generation)
- Coordinate communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain accurate record keeping of biological samples and experimental data
- Contribute to improvement of existing SOPs and prepare drafts of new protocols/SOPs
- Develop related protocols and assays and perform research execution related to biorepository materials
- Contribute to data analysis, interpretation, and data reporting, e.g. in study reports
- Write technical reports and present regularly the biorepository overview with a broader team
- Manage the clinical sample lab and ensure smooth operation within the lab
- Support selection and implementation of the new database
We expect our Researcher (Technician) to have:
- An advanced degree (Bachelor or Master level) in life science
- At least 2 years (with a Master degree) or 4 years (with a Bachelor degree) of working experience in a life science environment
- Hand on experience in cell culture (cell isolation, growth) is a must
- Hands on experience with molecular biology techniques
- Good organizational and planning skills
- High accuracy and quality awareness
- Basic knowledge of GCLP system
- Previous experience with sample management software (like LIMS) would be an asset
- Flexibility in taking on different research projects
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Work independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (and Dutch)
- A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Yessica de Brouwer via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.