(Senior) Scientist Clinical Outcome Measures and Patient Stratification
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
We are looking for a (Senior) Scientist (Full-time) to join the Tipping Point Human Algorithms team. We support the design of early-phase clinical trials by developing new strategies and tools for diagnostic and outcome measures. Furthermore, we are responsible for the strategy of patient stratification to help select the patient populations who would benefit most from the treatment in all ProQR-sponsored clinical trials.
In the position of (Senior) Scientist Clinical Outcome Measures and Patient Stratification you will lead the efforts of a few projects to identify/select/(co-)develop/validate new clinical outcome measures which will help to provide insight into the efficacy of the treatment in ProQR-sponsored clinical trials. By communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders, you will manage the projects and ensure timely delivery of set milestones. Next to developing clinical outcome measures, you will also function as the patient stratification lead for all on-going ProQR studies and support the study teams to select suitable patients for each study and support proper documentation of the patient profile throughout the studies.
- Identify and select new tools that has potential to serve as outcome measures in the target patient population of ProQR clinical trials.
- Set up collaborations with internal and external stakeholders and ensure smooth alignment of strategies to map out a project plan.
- Function as a project manager to prepare deliverables, timeline, budgets of projects and ensure timely delivery of the objectives.
- Be the internal expert in selected tools by literature research and facilitating knowledge exchange with external experts.
- Set genetic testing strategy and tactics for every program and trial.
- Provide genetic-testing related scientific input to support study teams.
- Function as patient stratification lead in the study teams by providing patient stratification strategy and scientific content support.
- Maintain and ensure genetic testing process is streamlined during studies and support study teams to maximize efficient patient enrolment.
- Provide genetic testing process-related training to internal/external stakeholders of the studies.
- Drafting and reviewing relevant study documents as described in existing processes and ad hoc as needed.
- Perform or support genetic-related data analysis for studies as required.
- Work under GCP regulations.
Location: Leiden, NL
We expect our Scientist to have:
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in life science (candidate with an M.Sc. or equivalent degree in a scientific area and relevant experience will be considered)
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- Solid knowledge of molecular genetics
- Good knowledge of drug development
- General knowledge of GCP
- Previous experience in ophthalmology is a plus.
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Pro-active and pragmatic self-starter, with a result-oriented mindset
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams internally and with external parties
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Yessica de Brouwer via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.