(Senior) Scientist Nonclinical Pharmacology
- Leiden, Nederland
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Ophthalmology Science team (Non-clinical Pharmacology Department) is currently looking for a (Senior) Scientist(Full-time), 1 year position to join our team.
What you are going to do:
- Strengthen the team’s scientific expertise in the areas of ophthalmology and retinal pathophysiology.
- Develop protein/functional assays for retinal organoids.
- Execute independently the experimental work as planned together with the Team Leader.
- Process raw data make presentations and write protocols and reports for internal purposes.
- Identify day-to-day issues and propose solutions based on standard or new procedures.
- Identify and test new technologies that can be applied to improve our retinal organoid platform.
- Work closely with other team members.
- Organize and participate in general lab tasks and activities.
Location: Leiden, NL or Cambridge, Massachusetts, US.
- PhD with 1-2 years of relevant experience in the CNS/Neuroscience field, especially in Ophthalmology.
- Preferably experience in the field of retinal degeneration and in-vitro models.
- Knowledge of human retina biology and disease mechanisms involved in retinal degeneration.
- Ability to complete experiments within provided budget and timelines.
- Experience with imaging techniques, especially confocal microscopy.
- Experience with protein-based assays (immunofluorescence, western blot).
- Experience with electrophysiology is a strong advantage.
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Proactive, analytical, accurate, and hands-on mentality
- Being able to work in a fast pace environment
- Autonomous and coachable
- Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Being comfortable with lab work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensure that no employee, candidate or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and the contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited (un)healthy snacks and drinks
- Employee events (boot camp, chair massage and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible but before end of the month September if you are interested in this position.
You can contact us via email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please note that a screening is part of our selection procedure.