Technician/Researcher Assay Development (Maternity Cover)
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands and Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. ProQR is focused on the development of game changing RNA therapies for severe genetic rare diseases. Our mission is to help patients by creating new medicines. A team of 160 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the patients we serve.
Our Ophthalmology Science department is currently looking for a Technician/Researcher Assay Development to join our team. This will be for a period of about 1 year as maternity cover for two team members. For this temporary position we are looking for someone who is already based in The Netherlands and doesn't need to relocate.
What you are going to do:
- Develop protein/functional assays and analyze the samples.
- Execute independently the experimental work as planned together with the Senior Scientist.
- Process raw data, make presentations and write protocols and reports for internal purposes.
- Identify day-to-day issues and propose solutions based on standard or new procedures.
- Work closely with other team members.
- Organize and participate in general lab tasks and activities.
- Work 80% of your time in the lab.
We expect our Technician / Researcher to have:
- MSc in life-science with +/- 1 year of working experience (or) a HBO with+/- 2 years of working experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in histology, immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy is a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with cell based assays (cell death, oxidative stress, etc).
- Familiarity with SDS-PAGE and western blotting techniques.
- Familiarity with image processing software (Cell Profiler/Image J/SlideBook or similar).
- Familiarity with electrophysiology, calcium signaling
Skills and competencies that are required for making the difference:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Being able to work in a fast pace environment
- Autonomous and coachable
- Being able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Being comfortable with routine work
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- A nice person :-)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we are looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
Please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this position.
You can contact Laura Faber via email@example.com if you have any questions.