- HR, Facilities & IT
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 140 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our facilities department (currently consisting of 4 people) is currently looking for an experienced Facility Manager (Full-time). In this role, you will be responsible for all facets of building facility operations to ensure a safe, clean, and efficient environment for ProQR and its employees. You will oversee the design, construction, and operation of our facilities and you will provide input into the development of our office in Leiden and establish and manage relationships and contracts necessary to operate the facility. Managing the team is also part of your responsibility.
In this role, you will report to the VP of People & Operations.
- Develop and own the strategic Facilities plan and goals and manage the facilities budget
- Establish and lead the facility team to ensure the successful establishment and operation of the facility
- Responsible for our building; e.g. provide input for the design and development of our office and our laboratories, manage renovations and maintenance.
- Establish and manage relationships and contracts with vendors for services such as canteen, other tenants, security, cleaning, and contractors
- Interface with the landlord’s asset management team
- Ensure compliance with all safety and security protocols, in close collaboration with both our Biological and Chemical Safety Officers
- Communicate safety-related issues/topics to the whole organization
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, and outdoor spaces
- Independently write and maintain (PDCA) policies regarding safety and RI&E (e.g. EHS plan – in close cooperation with HR)
- Important role in BHV including managing the corresponding budget
- Responsible for the Company Emergency Plan (bedrijfsnoodplan)
- Serve as emergency response contact for our headquarters in Leiden (after hours as required)
- Bachelor in Facility Management
- Experience in a role as facility coordinator in a pharma or biotech company, responsible for multiple laboratories
- Experience in managing a team
- Hands-on and proactive mentality, eager to take initiative on new opportunities and deliver targets
- Analytical, flexible, and autonomous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak with all levels of employees, guests, stakeholders, and vendors
- Accurate, great time management, and able to work under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English both in word and writing
- Good computer skills
- A nice person :)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer in the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster café, and other social events)
Do you want to be part of our devoted team of enthusiastic professionals? Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? Do you want to work in a challenging environment where your work can really make a difference? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.