Senior Research Technician
- Science & Innovation
ProQR Therapeutics is a biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ with offices in Leiden, the Netherlands, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. ProQR is focused on the development of life-changing RNA therapies to meet the unmet need of individuals and families with common and rare diseases. A team of 150 enthusiastic ProQRians from all walks of life and more than 30 different nationalities is up to this challenge. We have the passion and commitment to make a difference in the lives of the communities we serve. Our proprietary Axiomer® RNA editing technology platform enables the editing of specific single nucleotides in RNA using the cell’s own editing machinery. Axiomer® RNA editing technology harnesses ADAR (Adenosine Deaminase Acting on RNA), which is machinery present in all human cells to repair G-to-A mutations, modulate protein, and enable protective mutation functions. Axiomer® could potentially yield a new class of innovative medicines and treat currently untreatable diseases.
Our Axiomer® unit is currently looking for a Senior Research Technician (Full-time) to join our team.
The role: As a Senior Research Technician you will be responsible for the planning, execution, and analysis of experiments to contribute to our ongoing research projects. You will work closely together with other (Sr.) Research Technicians and Scientists.
We are looking for candidates with extensive hands-on experience in the following fields:
- RNA analysis techniques, e.g RNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, and PCR
- Digital PCR analysis and assay optimization
- Culture of primary cells and cell lines
- Experience with antisense oligonucleotides is a plus.
We expect our Sr. Research Technicians:
- To have an MSc degree in an appropriate discipline with at least 6 years of work experience, or 9 years of work experience and highly competent performance at a BSc level (HLO)
- To design, plan, and execute experiments
- To be responsible for the optimization of methods and protocols
- To analyze experiments and report these in a lab journal and technical reports
- To present results and suggest the next experimental steps
- To supervise and coach junior team members
- To take care of laboratory organization and related administrative tasks
- To have a proven ability to effectively interact with technical and scientific staff
- To be solution and result-driven
- To work with focus in a dedicated team
Location: Leiden, NL.
Skills and competencies that are required to make the difference:
- Curiosity in science
- Analytical and accurate
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- Team player
- Autonomous and coachable
- Good knowledge of English both in speaking and writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in biotech industry is a plus
- Creative thinker
- A nice person :-)
ProQR as an employer
As an employer, we are a true believer of the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to develop themselves, personally and professionally. We believe that happy and energized people, working well together in an environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal and awesome things.
We are committed to ensuring that no employee, candidate, or job applicant receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marriage, or civil partnership status. At ProQR we want to create an inclusive culture where everyone can be valued for who they are and in which individual differences and contributions in all forms are recognized and valued.
We offer an exciting and innovative working environment in a very committed organization, with the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 8% holiday allowance
- 30 vacation days
- An annual performance bonus
- Stock options
- A premium-free pension plan
- A commuting allowance
- A subsidized staff restaurant
- Employee events (boot camp, Hipster café, and other social events)
Do you think you can contribute to achieving our mission? If so, we’re looking forward to receiving your application by filling out our application form.
You can contact Silvia Catellani via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.